The IDM Production Bureau

Welcome to The IDM Production Bureau

Why not... One side of my sound exploration laboratory... =)

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member
Artist
That's cool.. I was about to post on the Hardware Modular about getting started in this area.. You may be the guy I need.. I fancy one of these..

deadmau5-synth-lair-640x426.png

Go to love Joel..

Comment

Mindspawn

Artist
That is a mutha fuggin beast!!!! Deadmou5/ Joel, is awesome... Watched a few of his YouTube bits where he just rants, while getting coffee... priceless.

You decide to build something like that I'll sleep on the studio floor... =)

Comment

Mindspawn

Artist
I have... I heard that even had an internet tower setup in the community... That's the way I'd spend my cash, too...

Comment

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member
Artist
Yeah it’s cool tech.. We have a little cottage in the countryside, so my office the limitation on the amount of kit Incan have which sucks.. Sold so much because of room, biggest regret the MatrixBrute. Shit the bed, I loved that Synth.

Comment

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member
Artist
Yeah totally, part of game though right.. We trade and sell, buy repeat.. mainly VST and UA DSP now days though, and a fuck ton of VSTs, too many to be honest as it becomes blinding. But that’s my addiction..

1FF103C6-118C-4713-AA4E-D1481A4E6529.jpeg

Comment

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member
Artist
LoL i was in Jamies Account just now (J's my best mate and studio buddy).. yeah man, we have a german shepherd called Hiedi, she's totally nuts and often sleep under the iMac desk;) I've just added a new set of Neumann Monitors to that setup which is just amazing... So much sound now it's as if I was deaf before..

en-de.neumann.com

KH 310 A L G

KH 310 A - - Nearfield Monitor,Up to 6 m (18 ft),Down to 34 Hz,Down to 52 Hz,Down to 57 Hz,Editing Suite,Domestic Environment,Home Studio,Professional Recording Studio,Up to 4 m (12 ft),Up to 3 m (9 ft),Broadcast - Sennheiser Discover True Sound
en-de.neumann.com
en-de.neumann.com

and the

en-de.neumann.com

KH 750 DSP D G

KH 750 DSP - - Editing Suite,Domestic Environment,Professional Recording Studio,Broadcast,Computer Desktop,Home Studio,Down to 26 Hz,Down to 52 Hz,Down to 18 Hz,Down to 34 Hz,Down to 57 Hz,Up to 4 m (12 ft),Up to 3 m (9 ft),Digital + Analog Input,Control Network,Subwoofer,Delay,Self Calibration...
en-de.neumann.com
en-de.neumann.com

I am truly in love with these monitors;)

Comment

Mindspawn

Artist
@Jamie Alan - Nice to meet you, Jamie!

@DARKSounds - I almost bought the Neumanns for my mastering rig a couple years back, they are very tasty monitors. The Kii Threes I ended up with edged the Neumanns out ever so slightly, something about their imaging appealed to me a bit more... but I would've totally been happy with the Neumann's I'm sure. And I can completely relate to hearing superior monitors. Changes your whole world. Might not actually make you do better mixes and masters, but it WILL let you hear things you didn't even know were there... And it's so much nicer to sit in front of nice monitors for hours on end than crappy, tinny, harsh, shit that you find in a lot of studios. Again, won't make someone a mixing god on their own, but you'll feel like one! =)

That said, I do believe that good tools really do help a lot, at any stage of your career development and across any career path. I know my first "good" guitar, for instance, catapulted my playing exponentially. I learned in weeks what I had been struggling to learn for years prior using a cheap guitar with almost an inch of space between the neck and strings at the 12th fret.... same is true of things like good monitors, decent DACs, controllers that do what you want without having to fight them, etc.

Comment