Welcome to The IDM Production Bureau

What DAW you using?

What's your DAW?

• Total voters

Penny

Big City Gal!
Producer / Artist
Tenebris Membrum
Nice, we use loads actually - but mainly into Studio One, before that played with Bitwig, which I liked, before that Ableton but it feels sooooooooooooooooo fucking old
Just starting out with Studio One, same reason actually @Atsuhiko just feels old + it has become really unstable of late for me.

1 Comment
Penny
Penny commented
Mind you the new beta of live11 already has better performance that 10 for me.

ArtificialDisco

Tier 3 Contributor
Producer / Artist
Tenebris Membrum
Yeah, Reaper is pretty nice. It is kind of missing a lot of the features that make Ableton so popular for electronic music, but I'm trying to do most of the producing on my MPC anyway.

Beyond that, it's incredibly light, and pretty powerful when it comes to recording and mixing, and it's free too! (Well after 60 days you should technically pay for it, but you can still use it and even then it doesn't cost a lot).

Comment

Mindspawn

Tier 3 Contributor
Producer / Artist
Wavelab for mastering, Logic for production and writing. Pro Tools when I have to.... I shouldn't shit on Pro Tools, but it's just easy.... =) That said, if I did more tracking I'd probably still use PT a lot, but over the last several years I've grown to prefer Logic more on pretty much every level... I do still use Pro Tools for some client session work, or on the rare occasion I agree to do a stem master, but at this point I rarely do stem mastering either so PT gets little love from me these days.

Comment

Modern Music for Funerals

Administrator
Producer / Artist
Wavelab for mastering, Logic for production and writing. Pro Tools when I have to.... I shouldn't shit on Pro Tools, but it's just easy.... =) That said, if I did more tracking I'd probably still use PT a lot, but over the last several years I've grown to prefer Logic more on pretty much every level... I do still use Pro Tools for some client session work, or on the rare occasion I agree to do a stem master, but at this point I rarely do stem mastering either so PT gets little love from me these days.
I switched over to LUNA for tracking, works like a charm with the Apollo ecosystem.. Other than that the daw just isn't ready yet.. Always stayed away from PT..

Comment

Penny

Big City Gal!
Producer / Artist
Tenebris Membrum
Yeah, Reaper is pretty nice. It is kind of missing a lot of the features that make Ableton so popular for electronic music, but I'm trying to do most of the producing on my MPC anyway.

Beyond that, it's incredibly light, and pretty powerful when it comes to recording and mixing, and it's free too! (Well after 60 days you should technically pay for it, but you can still use it and even then it doesn't cost a lot).
(y)reaper

Comment

Mindspawn

Tier 3 Contributor
Producer / Artist
@Modern Music for Funerals yeah, I'm still dreaming of the one DAW to rule them all... I think there will eventually be some sort of highly professional platform where you can mix and match modules to suit your job and workflow.... eventually... =)

Comment

Laxa

Tier 3 Contributor
Producer / Artist
Tenebris Membrum
The Android app FLSM, I have Studio One but only use it for vocals.

Comment