The IDM Production Bureau

Welcome to The IDM Production Bureau

What audio interface do you use?

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member
rack.jpg

This is a hot topic for me atm. Being totally underwhelmed by Apollo x16 x8 xTwin - Just got the wrong gear for what I am doing now, covid killed all the live stuff we used to do so those amazing racks are just overkill.

Mindspawn

Tier 3 Contributor
Producer / Artist
Symphony IO MKII is my main in/out interface, Kii Control (really just used as an output only DAC for my Kii Threes), and two other DACs: Chord Hugo and the Shiit Jotunheim w/mgbit DAC.... and somewhere around here I have an Antelope Discrete Synergy I never use anymore.

Comment

Laxa

Tier 3 Contributor
Producer / Artist
Tenebris Membrum
I dispensed with an interface entirely and just go direct into my DAW with a midi keyboard on a laptop. I guess it depends on your workflow and what you are looking to do.

Comment

ArtificialDisco

Tier 3 Contributor
Producer / Artist
Tenebris Membrum
I've been getting by with a Zoom R16. I will say that I've had a couple of problems with it as an interface, sometimes the playback randomly slows down. But other than that it's been pretty decent at single-track recording straight into the DAW.

It's gotten better use as a multi-track recorder though. I kind of like being able to just record what I want without bringing the computer into it. When it gets time for mixing, then I'll drop the stems intro Reaper and take it from there.

Comment