The IDM Production Bureau

Welcome to The IDM Production Bureau

Mindspawn

Artist
Thanks to to you both for the kind words... And Casey really did a nice review of the album... he writes most eloquently.

What I dream of...? heheh. I have a suspicion most of us in this lovely community drink from similar wells with respect to our dreams.

Comment

SAM

Tenebris Membrum
Artist
Hey, this is a great sound.. Can I ask, what did you use to create the main drones/soundscapes..?

Comment

Mindspawn

Artist
Hey, this is a great sound.. Can I ask, what did you use to create the main drones/soundscapes..?
Sure SAM, happy to share a bit about the tools... the majority of the sounds, probably 80% to 85% were created on my eurorack rig...

Heavy lifters would include modules from Mutable Instruments, Make Noise, Erica Synths, Intellijel, WMD, Jordanalogue, Abstract Data... and quite a few more, but those are the a some of the module manufacturers to reference. If you want to see all the bits in my modular rig have a look here:

Or for detailed info on the modules (you can get module info by clicking on or mousing over the modules) here's the three different racks on Modular Grid:

There are a handful of field recordings in there, most of the sounds were recorded at the abandoned New Idria Mecury Mine and on a the Golden Gate Bridge.

And I used a handful of sounds from my custom Kontakt library. The majority of the sounds from that library were built using the Dark Matter 1 and 2 engines, from String Audio, loaded with samples that range from sounds I sampled on my eurorack to recordings at a sea lion cave on the Northern California coast...

Comment