The IDM Production Bureau

Welcome to The IDM Production Bureau

Cableguys Release Drive

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member

Cableguys | Drive​

I have so much respect fo this boutique design company, Cableguys have been a part of our studio for some time now, and each update and add-on jest gets better..

Thanks to @bleepeater for reminding me.. The new addition 'Drive' for Cableguys Shaperbox2 is another top addon.. Love this plugin and the team from Cableguys are amazing.. Really helpful..

I truly do love this collection, especially using VolumeShaper as transient designer.. Some of my best fx starts rights hear..

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 22.52.42.png

Cableguys Driver Component for Shaperbox 2​

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 23.08.58.png

Shaperbox 2​

Like I say, I think has to be one of the top plugins, used constantly and in so many ways, from its impressive Sidechain capability to amazing Transient design, and that's just with the Volume panel..

Add to that Shperbox has a further six components, Time, Drive, Filter, Crush, Pan, Volume and Width..

Shape Your Sound​

Edit With Ease​

Mix & Create​

With seven powerful effects – TimeShaper 2, DriveShaper, CrushShaper, VolumeShaper 6, FilterShaper Core 2, PanShaper 3 & WidthShaper 2 – ShaperBox 2 creates amazing musical, rhythmic effects and helps solve complex mix problems.​

Load any Shaper effect and simply draw the modulation shapes you need with our easily editable LFOs. Or use envelope followers that react to audio. Control filtering, volume, drive, width, panning, bitcrushing – even the flow of time.​

Get inspired: transform loops, beats, vocals, melodies or basslines into addictive hooks to kickstart your next track. Then perfect your mix with sample-accurate sidechaining, punchy compression, multiband distortion, stereo expansion and more.​

Links​

+++ Cableguys
+++ Cableguys Products

I highly recommend you follow these guys on Twitter, they are superb at recognition, reporting and offering advice - thank's for the heads up on the headroom trick - (having said that, the plugin is so simple to use, the advice isn't going to be your problem)..

+++ Cableguys Twitter

About Cableguys​

The company started in 2007, and has produced a number of clever, unusual and useful audio plugins including Curve, ShaperBox, HalfTime, FilterShaper, VolumeShaper, MidiShaper and PanCake. Press has been good, and from the comfort of their offices in Hamburg and Bristol, the Cableguys continue to build uniquely inspirational audio software.

Trial versions are available on the products page, a set with images is available here (Cableguys logo, product images and style guide).

Conclusion​

Honestly, hands down this is a fantastic set of plugins, rolled into one.. They are also available separately, which is even more of a bonus for some..

My only ask is that presently you can't add two or three of the same component inside the SHaperbox rack, for example, if you wish to use two Volumes, you need to run two instances of Shaperbox. No real drama here but it would be a great add-on for future releases..

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member
Ye if I had the money to get bitwig would definitely give it a go I know u can get the 8track version free but I guess I'm happy where I am my machine is pretty old now so I don't want to risk any instability doing the best I can with what I got so much gas for gear n shit it can become distracting keeping it simple and trying to stay focused concentrate mainly on my output
💪👂
The 8track is no good though right;) Stick with what you know...;) Where are you based?

Comment