The IDM Production Bureau

Welcome to The IDM Production Bureau

BitWig Release 3.3.1 knackered with my new Macbook Pro 16" CPU maxed out..

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member
Since the new upgrade/release my CPU level has hit the roof.. Totally nukes on almost anything..

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 20.06.59.jpg

At the moment, we have quite a low load, this project was hardly touching the sides before Christmas... Now it's terrible, with cracking and popping.. Gutted as before Xmas it was almost bomb-proof..

I know Pharlight is CPU heavy anyhow, but as I said, no issue before Xmas, in fact as a test, we had 10 instances of Pharlight and another 10 of Straylight running and there wasn't a hiccup before..

This is the OSX spec, it's good enough to run anything....

Screenshot-2021-01-15-at-04.00.39.jpg

Oh well, I've sent a ticket to BitWig, we shall see.. For the sakes of good SEO, maybe someone out there in production land will read this with a fix or an idea..

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member
Bugger, it looks like a MacBook Pro or Big Sur issue.. As it’s the same with everything now, even tried Studio One, which I like abd hate at the same time... FFS, Mac reinstall it is... Three to four days..

Comment

SAM

Tier 2 Established
Producer / Artist
Tenebris Membrum
Wow! I bet - as I can see it on your menu bar - that Adobe Cloud is Sync in the bg???

If so, kill it, pause it while you use your tools mate, it totally naffs the CPU! No joke.. Terrible bit of software design;)

Comment