The IDM Production Bureau

Welcome to The IDM Production Bureau

holoton

Tier 2 Established
Producer / Artist
Tenebris Membrum
So this is my first foray into Eurorack after working in VCV for as long as I can remember, and deliberating over what to start with.

490312FA-5AB2-44F4-9DDD-6C54A5B0D1EA_1_105_c.jpeg

Decided to start down the sample/granular with effects approach to begin with and now am thinking I need some more modulation options and a better (more interesting and modutable) filter.

Definitely looking for inspiration and peoples thoughts if you're willing :)

DARK Sounds

Administrator
Staff member
@FallingGirl and @Mindspawn this definitely an area for you guys

So this is my first foray into Eurorack after working in VCV for as long as I can remember, and deliberating over what to start with.

View attachment 70

Decided to start down the sample/granular with effects approach to begin with and now am thinking I need some more modulation options and a better (more interesting and modutable) filter.

Definitely looking for inspiration and peoples thoughts if you're willing :)

Comment

Mindspawn

Tier 3 Contributor
Producer / Artist
Erica Synths Octasource, Make Noise Maths, Abstract Data Octocontroller and Event Boss, Mutable Instruments Stages... all are tasty modulators with lots of different ways to put them into use... Right now is such a good time to get into eurorack, so many new manufacturers and just lots of innovations happening right now. Anyhoos, those three are good places to start your investigations and experiments.

Comment

holoton

Tier 2 Established
Producer / Artist
Tenebris Membrum
Octasource looks great, I love the look of their new sequencer though right now without any real voices there's no too much point for me. I'm going to be rectifying that soon. Am thinking about focusing on less traditional oscillator sources (i.e. those with inbuilt VCAs to save HP in the short term) - Akemies Castle, Plaits and BIA. Feels like an interesting trio.

So, this is where I'm at right now. Really, just incredibly happy with it so far. It's produced new creative avenues for me I didn't even conceive when picking these modules.

The muxlicer is DIY too, which went way better than expected. So as a result I'm thinking rampage over Maths - interested in peoples thoughts on the pros/cons of picking rampage over maths.

Also, obviously, need more HP!

Comment